This page contains resources and information for individuals attending this year’s Advances in Critical Care Online Meeting. Click each tab to learn more about how different aspects of this year’s meeting will work in an online format.
We are proud to announce the 2020 Advances in Critical Care Virtual Meeting. This special online meeting will be held October 15-16 CST on the Virtual Event’s platform Hopin, allowing the meeting to feature Live Presentations, break-out groups, networking, one-on-one video chats, and more.
Check out the other tabs for more information on what to expect at this special virtual event.
Click Here to register.
The week of the event, you’ll receive an email with your personalized link to the virtual event page on Hopin. You won’t be able to access the event on Hopin until 5 minutes before it begins.
Navigating The Virtual Meeting
You will be able to access the event 5 minutes before it starts by logging into your Hopin account, or by clicking here. You will also receive a reminder by email shortly before the event starts.
Just like an in-person event, you can choose where you want to go and what you’d like to attend. In the reception area you will find the complete agenda showing what is happening where. You will also find an overview of the different event areas, and further details about the event.
After logging into Hopin and entering the meeting, you’ll find yourself in the reception tab. Check here for meeting information such as important announcements, and the day’s schedule. From here, you’ll be able to jump to all of the meeting’s main areas.
The stage tab is where the majority of presentations will be held, and allows attendees to view presentation broadcasts, ask questions during live Q&A sessions, and participate in the group chat will other attendees.
The Sessions tab is a collection of virtual chat rooms, where attendees can gather to attend break-out sessions, and partake in video, audio, or text based chat.
The networking tab allows attendees to participate in speed networking sessions, where members are randomly paired with other attendees for 3 minute video chat sessions.
The Expo tab will feature virtual booths and special on-demand content such as event replays and educational content.
There are multiple ways to chat and connect at this year’s Virtual Meeting:
- Event chat — this tab shows the global event chat where all participants can post messages.
- Session chat — each session in Sessions has its own chat room. Attendees who are off-camera can chat in the session chat to interact with people on camera and vice-versa.
- Direct Messages — anyone can send messages to an individual at the meeting via DMs in the People tab. To send a DM, find the person you wish to chat with in the People tab, click their profile photo, and send a direct message to them.
- Private Video Chat — When Viewing an attendee’s profile, you can invite them to a private video chat. This will generate a link to a private video chatroom.
Attendee Quick Reference Guide (Troubleshooting Tips)
- Join from a compatible browser. Hopin works best on Chrome or Firefox. Pro tip: Make sure your browser is up to date.
- Check your internet speed and network. We recommend a minimum of 5mbps download and 2mbps upload. Ideally, we like to see 30mbps download and 10mbps upload or higher for the best quality – test your speed here
- If you are using a VPN (network) or device provided by your employer, ensure your device can access and share your camera and microphone on.
- Ensure you can access hopin.to. You may have to check with your IT department if using a device or network provided by your employer.
- Restart your computer before joining the event. This ensures that there are no other video applications holding onto audio or video for any reason.
- Please use headphones when participating on-screen. This will help eliminate echo and feedback.
As long as you have access to a computer with a webcam and microphone, you have everything you need to participate in the video networking at this year’s meeting. But to help you look and sound your best, here are a few tips and best practices we recommend when presenting online.
- Make sure you setup in a private or quiet room, free from distractions, and with a reliable internet connection.
- Avoid sitting in front of bright backgrounds (such as windows). This can cause your camera to automatically dim the image, making you harder to see. Instead, try and position a light source in front of you, so you are well lit, and the center of attention.
- Speaking of backgrounds, remember that people can see what’s behind you. Make sure what they can see is clean, and non-distracting.
- Camera placement has a big impact on how you look during a video conference. Position your camera or laptop screen on a sturdy surface (not your lap) with the camera around eye level.
- Before appearing on camera, close any unnecessary windows, tabs or programs that you may have open on your computer. It also may be a good idea to see if your computer has any pending updates a day or so before your presentation, just in case.
- When presenting, sit up straight, speak clearly into your microphone, and try to avoid checking yourself out too much on the computer screen, keeping your eyes on the camera.
Do I need to create an account on Hopin?
No. All registered attendees will automatically receive a Hopin account with access to the event. The week of the event, you will receive an email with an access link. Your Hopin account will be tied to the email address you used to register for the event.
How do I access the event on Hopin?
The week of the event, you will receive an email confirming your registration with Hopin and containing an access link.
When can I access the event on Hopin?
Attendees can access the event on Hopin 5 minutes before the event’s listed start time.
I’m unable to login to Hopin
If for any reason you find yourself logged out of Hopin and are unable to log back in, select the Forgot Your Password option on the sign-in page. Your Hopin account will be tied to the email address you used to register for the event.